- Preheat the grill to get it really hot.
- Smear the mackerel fillets with the Dijon mustard on the non-skin side and grill skin side up until really crispy.
- Meanwhile, boil or steam the broccoli for about 3 mins until tender.
- In a frying pan fry the breadcrumbs in the olive oil until golden. Turn off the heat and add the zest of 1 lemon and a large handful of freshly chopped basil.
- Season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the broccoli on warm plates with the mackerel and sprinkle the toasted crumbs over the top. Serve with lemon wedges.
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Oily fish such as mackerel is great for the heart, as is broccoli, which is excellent for protecting arteries
4 large mackerel fillets 4 tbsp Dijon mustard 200g (7oz) broccoli Good slug extra virgin olive oil 2 large handfuls fresh breadcrumbs Zest of 1 lemon Large handful of fresh basil, chopped Sea salt and black pepper
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 336 cals Fat 23g (sat fat 4.5.g)