- Heat oven to 220°C (200°C fan oven).
- Grease the holes of the tart tin with olive oil.
- Heat a tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion for about 5 minutes until soft and just starting to get golden.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme leaves and raise the heat, then cook for about another 5 minutes until the mushrooms are done and the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Butter one side of the bread, then cut circles of bread with a pastry cutter (about 7cm diameter) to fit in a shallow bun tin. Press them, buttered-side up, firmly into the holes.
- Put the mushroom mixture into each bread case, sprinkle over the Comté and bake in the oven for about 12 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.
Recipe from Comté cheese.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These make tasty and festive aperitifs
3 tablespoons olive oil 1 onion, finely diced 250g mushrooms, finely diced 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves Salt and pepper 12 thin slices of white bread 50g butter, softened 50g Comté cheese, grated finely
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 12 tartlets Nutrition: n/a