- Mix all the ingredients really well, then mould about 100g each into 10cm long sausages.
- Chill well.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and add the 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add the kebabs and cook gently for 6-8 mins, turning occasionally to brown nicely.
- You may have to cook in 2 batches.
- Once cooked keep warm, then serve in the pitta bread with chopped lettuce, a spoon of yoghourt, drizzle of honey and a little fresh coriander.
- Recipe copyright Phil Vickery
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Forget an unhealthy takeaway, make your own delicious kebabs at home!
400g (14oz) British turkey thigh mince 2 tbsp chopped coriander 2 cloves garlic crushed 10 baby spring onions, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp cracked black pepper ½ tsp dried red chilli ½ medium egg white, lightly beaten 2 tsp salt 2-4 tbsp olive oil To serve: 4 large pitta breads ¼ chopped Iceberg lettuce 200g (7oz) thick natural yoghourt 4 tbsp chopped coriander 2 tbsp runny honey
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a