For the meatballs:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and diced
- 500g (18 oz) lamb mince
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin, ¼ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp cinnamon (or use a tsp of a premixed Moroccan blend)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 dried ready to eat apricots, diced
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 200g (7 oz) spinach, roughly chopped
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 200g (7 oz) Onken Natural Set yogurt
- Cooked rice and pomegranate seeds, to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions and peppers gently for around 10 minutes until softened. Place in a bowl. Add the lamb mince, spices, garlic and apricots and squeeze together to make 20 balls.
- Reheat the pan and cook the meatballs for around 10 minutes until brown and cooked through. Keep warm.
- For the sauce, place the oil in a pan, add the garlic cloves and heat gently for 3-5 minutes until golden and aromatic. Remove from the heat.
- Add the spinach to the sauce mix and use a hand blender to blitz it into the oil, or transfer to food processor. Once the spinach begins to pulverise, add the yogurt to create a thick creamy sauce.
- Season with plenty of salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Gently warm the sauce in a pan and stir.
- Serve the meatballs with the sauce, rice and pomegranate seeds to garnish.
Preparation time: 15 mins
For an extra kick, add a little chill power to the mince mixture!