- Preheat oven to fan 200°C, conventional 220°C, gas 7.
- Place the aubergines, squash, onion and garlic in a roasting tin with the harissa paste and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Toss well and roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to the roasting tin and roast for a further 5 – 10 minutes until the squash is soft.
- To make the dressing whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Transfer contents of the roasting tin into a large serving bowl and pour over the dressing. Add salad and coriander and toss together gently.
- Serve immediately with toasted pitta bread.
Recipe from www.cannedfood.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This delicious salad can be served with pitta bread as a meal or on its own as a side dish
2 medium aubergines, cut into 1½ cm thick slices, then cut in half 250g butternut squash, cubed 1 small red onion, sliced 3 cloves garlic, chopped 2 Tbsp harissa paste 3 Tbsp olive oil 400g can chick peas, drained Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon 70g green salad leaves 1 small bunch coriander, chopped Pitta breads to serve
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 251 cals, Fat 15.0g (sat fat 2.0g)