- To make the bread, sieve the flour into a large bowl, rub in the butter then add the salt and yeast.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in the water and mix together with a round-bladed knife until a smooth dough is formed.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes, until the dough no longer feels sticky.
- Lightly grease the mini loaf tin. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces, roll each piece into a sausage shape and place in the loaf tin. Leave to prove in a warm place for about an hour or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 25-30 mins until the loaves are golden on top and sound hollow when tapped underneath. Allow to cool slightly in the tin then remove and transfer to a cooling rack.
- In the meantime, lightly brush the pieces of red pepper with oil then place them skin side up on a baking sheet and grill on high, until the skin blackens and blisters. Place the hot peppers into a resealable freezer bag, then leave to cool before scraping off the charred skin.
- Cut 4 mini loaves in half and butter each cut surface. Trim the roasted peppers to fit the bottom half of the loaf then add a layer of Parma ham, followed by a slice of mozzarella and some spinach, then top with the other loaf half.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly with cling film and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove the cling film and, if packing in a lunch box, wrap in baking parchment and tie with string.
Recipe from www.lakeland.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This recipe makes 12 mini loaves so you can freeze what you don't use
FOR THE MINI LOAVES: 250g (9oz) wholemeal flour 250g (9oz) strong white flour, plus extra for kneading 20g (3/4oz) butter 1 tsp salt 1 x 7g sachet fast-acting dried yeast 350ml (12floz) warm water A little extra butter or Cake Release for greasing FOR THE FILLING: A little extra butter or Cake Release for greasing 1 tsp olive oil 15g (1/2oz) butter, softened 100g (4oz) Parma ham or Italian meat of your choice 80g (3oz) mozzarella, drained and sliced 20g (3/4oz) baby spinach, washed and stalks removed
Time: 1 hour Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a