- Rub the butter into the flour and cinnamon until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water and combine to make dough. Refrigerate for 1 hour before making the pasties.
- Preheat oven to 190C/Gas Mark 5.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornflower, sugar and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In another bowl, coat the berries with lemon juice. Sprinkle with the cornflower mixture.
- Roll out the dough to 1/8inch thickness. Cut out circles using an 11cm cutter. Fill centre of dough circle with a desert spoon of the berry filling.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk. Brush the edge of the dough circles with the egg and fold in half. Seal the edges with a folk.
- Brush with egg wash and cut a small slit in the top of each pie to let out steam.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature and dust with icing sugar.
Recipe from www.seasonalberries.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These fruity pasties are great served warm withh custard or ice cream
Pastry: 200g plain flour 100g butter 3/4 tablespoons ice cold water 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional) Filling: 1 cup blackberries 1 cup raspberries – cut in half 1 teaspoon lemon zest 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 3 tablespoons cornflower 1-2 tablespoons caster sugar (depending on taste) 1 egg yolk Icing sugar for dusting
Time: 10 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a