- Heat the oil in a large casserole or deep frying pan.
- Add the sweet potato and red onion and fry for 5 - 10 mins, until the vegetables are starting to colour.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute. Add the ground cumin and curry paste and cook, stirring constantly, for another minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and blend in the stock. Season with sea salt and black pepper and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 20 mins, stirring regularly and topping up with extra stock if necessary, until the sweet potato has softened and is cooked through.
- Stir in the frozen peas and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Adjust the seasoning and add the lemon juice. Stir through the chopped coriander and serve with steamed basmati rice, warm naan bread, yoghurt and chutney.
Recipe from www.peas.org
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This delicious veggie curry is ideal for using up surplus veg
2 tbsp vegetable or rapeseed oil 500g (1lb 2oz) sweet potato, peeled and cut into large dice 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed 2 cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped 1 tsp ground cumin 2 tbsp mild Korma curry paste 1 tin chopped tomatoes 200ml (50floz) chicken / vegetable stock sea salt and black pepper 300g (10 1/2 oz) frozen peas Juice 1/2 lemon Handful coriander, roughly chopped To serve: naan bread, basmati rice, natural yoghurt, chutney / pickle
Time: 40 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 600 cals, Fat 8g (sat fat 1g)