4 x 175g (6oz) steaks
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 red onions, cut into wedges
3 courgettes, sliced
2 aubergines, cut into wedges
2 yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into wedges
4 large tomatoes, quartered
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove, crushed
Small bunch of parsley, chopped
- Toss the steak in half the oil and the Italian seasoning, leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour. Toss the vegetables in the remaining oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and seasoning and leave to marinate 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Preheat a griddle or frying pan over a high heat and cook the onion, courgette, aubergine and peppers in several batches for 1-2 mins each side until tender. Grill the tomatoes for 30 secs each side. Transfer the veg to lined baking trays and bake for 8-10 mins.
- Grill the steak until cooked to your liking and leave to rest covered with foil for 3 mins.
- Thinly slice the steak and toss with the juices and the vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Recipe from Women's Day
- For more great recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight, on a Tuesday.
Add a side of new potatoes for the perfect healthy alternative to steak and chips!
Time: 10 mins (plus 1 hour for marinating)
Nutrition: 401 calories, 19g fat, 11g sugars, (sat fat 11g)