- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Prick the potatoes with a fork and brush with the oil. Bake for 1 hour, until cooked. Cool slightly.
- Place the bacon pieces in a frying pan and dry fry, until lightly browned.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh with a spoon, leaving a layer of potato next to the skin, then cut each potato in half lengthways to make boat shapes.
- Place on a baking sheet, season with salt and black pepper, then sprinkle over a little paprika. Top with half of the bacon pieces.
- Mix together the cheeses and spring onions and sprinkle over the potatoes. Top with the remaining bacon.
- Return to the oven or BBQ and bake for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve the skins, drizzled with the BBQ sauce.
Recipe from Newman’s Own American rubs and sauces for National BBQ Week, 25th– 31st May.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The ultimate summer comfort food
4 large baking potatoes Oil for brushing 4 rashers smoked back bacon, cut into pieces 1/2 teaspoon paprika 50 g mature Cheddar cheese, grated 50 g mozzarella cheese, grated 6 spring onions, chopped Newman's Own All Star BBQ Sauce
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 16 skins Nutrition: n/a