- Put the stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and stir in the miso paste, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Add the noodles and beef. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the watercress and lime juice.
- Divide the soup between four bowls, garnish with the herbs and chilli (if using) before serving.
- Recipe from www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk.
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Bring some flavour back into your lunchtime with this soup
225g/8oz thin cut steaks, cut into strips or prepared stir-fry strips 1L/1 3/4 pints good, hot vegetable stock 60ml/4tbsp miso paste 5ml/1tsp sesame oil 15ml/1tbsp light soy sauce 50g/2oz rice noodles 75g/3oz watercress Juice of 1/2 lime Small bunch freshly chopped coriander and chives, optional 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, optional
Time: 5 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a