- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Sauté the garlic and leeks for 4-5 mins until starting to soften but not colour.
- Add the potato and vegetable stock, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 mins until the vegetables are tender. Purée to a smooth consistency using an electric hand blender or food processor. Stir in the beans and half of the parsley and allow to heat through.
- Just before serving, preheat the grill to high. Place the slices of bread on the grill rack and grill one side for 30 seconds - 1 min. Turn and grill the other side until golden brown.
- Turn again and sprinkle each slice with a little of the grated cheddar. Grill for 1 min or so until just melted. Stir the remaining cheese into the soup.
- Serve the soup in deep bowls with 2 cheesy croûtes floating in each and a pinch of parsley.
Recipe from Waitrose.
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours for some tasty and filling soups ideas.
Try melting other types of cheese onto the croûtes, such as goat's cheese or a mature double Gloucester
1 tbsp olive oil 2 cloves garlic, crushed 2 large leeks, washed and chopped 1 medium potato, peeled and diced into 1cm pieces (about 225g) 750ml vegetable stock, such as Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Vegetable Stock 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley 410g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed 1 small baguette, sliced into 8 75g Waitrose Grated Davidstow Mature Cheddar
Time: 10 Serves: 2 Nutrition: Kcal 378, Fat 13.2g, Sat fat 5.6g