20ml vegetable oil
1 tsp ginger puree
1 clove of chopped garlic
60g (2 ½ oz) diced onion
300g (10oz) minced beef
200g (7oz) diced steak
1 tbsp chilli puree
3/4 tbsp tomato puree
15ml lemon juice
375g (12oz) chopped tinned tomatoes
Pinch ground cumin
250g (9oz) Cooked black beans
20g (¾oz) Chopped coriander
- Crush and roughly chop the garlic and coriander.
- Heat the oil in a pan with the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli puree and cook to add colour, then add the add the cumin, crushed chilli and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the diced steak and seal, add the minced beef and cook until browned.
- Add the tomato and chilli puree, chopped tomatoes and beans. Cook for approx. 1 hour to reduce.
- Stir in the lemon juice, chopped coriander, check seasoning and remove from the heat.
- Serve with rice and soft tortillas. Garnish with watercress and a tablespoon of soured cream.
- Recipe from
- For more delicious recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday