- Preheat the oven to 170°C/fan oven 150°C/ Gas Mark 3. Lightly grease a 18cm (7in) square cake tin with a little Trex, then line the base with a square of greaseproof paper. Lightly grease the paper.
- Melt the Trex, muscovado sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Beat together the egg and milk.
- Sift the flour, salt, cinnamon and ginger into a mixing bowl, then stir in the oatmeal. Make a well in the middle, then stir in the melted mixture and the beaten egg and milk. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Turn into the prepared tin. Transfer to the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack, then turn out and store in an airtight tin.
Recipe from TREX vegetable baking fat
There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Spiced with ginger and cinnamon, this easy-to-make cake has a deliciously nutty texture
100g Trex, plus a little extra, for greasing 100g Light muscovado sugar 100g Golden syrup 1 Large egg 4 tbsp Milk 100g Self-raising flour ¼ tsp Salt 2 tsp Ground cinnamon 2 tsp Ground ginger 100g Fine or medium oatmeal
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a