- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 3/170°C/325°F.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the lamb on a moderate heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set to one side.
- In the same pan cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat
- Thinly slice the potatoes, ideally using a mandolin.
- Spread out one third of the onions in the bottom of a large oven-proof dish, cover with one third of the potatoes and then half of the lamb. Sprinkle over a third of the herbs and season. Repeat this process, then finish with a final layer of onions covered with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour the stock into the dish ensuring all the ingredients are just covered. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes in the oven.
- Serve hot with a salad.
Tip: If you fancy, why not add 2 crushed cloves of garlic and replace 150 ml of stock with the same quantity of white wine.
Recipe from www.tastyeasylamb.co.uk
For more recipes, pick up the latest copy of Yours
Hearty and warming– ideal for the autumn months
800 g lamb neck fillet or shoulder, cubed 3 medium onions, sliced 2 tbsp olive oil 1 kg potatoes 2 level tbsp Herbes de Provence or mixed herbs Salt and pepper 1L hot lamb stock
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a