- Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the vegetables on a large baking tray, spread out into a single layer and drizzle with olive oil and a little salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes until tender and golden. Tempting to eat them there and then but resist!
- Place the chops on a board, and using a sharp knife carefully make a slit in the fat side of each chop to create a shallow pocket.
- Take a slice of cheese and push into the pocket. Use the rosemary sprigs or cocktail sticks to secure the cheese in place. Rub the outside of each chop with a little olive oil and season.
- Place under a preheated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes each side until cooked through and browned. Some melted cheese will probably escape into the grill pan, scoop it up and spoon onto the cooked chops. Or if no-one is looking spoon it into your mouth!
- Serve with the chunky wedges.
- Recipe from: Eat Welsh Lamb and Beef.
- For more tasty recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
Give lamb chops a tasty makeover by stuffing them with blue cheese
4-6 lean Welsh lamb loin chops 50g (2oz) Stilton cheese or other similar blue cheese, cut into 6 thick slices Olive oil Salt and black pepper Rosemary sprigs or cocktail sticks Chunky roast veg: Butternut squash, sweet potatoes, beetroot, carrots- cut into chunky wedges
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a