- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or flameproof casserole, add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 min until aromatic.
- Add the onion and chilli and fry for 5 minutes over a high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, and then add the garlic, ginger, ground cumin and coriander.
- Reduce the heat and fry for 2 minutes, then add the lamb mince. Increase the heat and fry for 7-8 mins, stirring occasionally, until evenly crisp and well browned.
- Add the tomatoes, OXO stock and sugar, stir well and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes over a medium to high heat, adding the peas for the final 2 mins.
- Stir through the mint, add salt to taste and serve hot, with mint sprigs scattered over.
Make a milder version by deseeding the chilli. Serve with rice or flatbread
A glug of sunflower oil 1 tsp cumin seeds 1 onion, finely chopped 1 green chilli, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, grated A knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated 2 tsp ground cumin 2 tsp ground coriander ½ x 400g (14oz) tin chopped tomatoes 1 x OXO Juicy Lamb with Rosemary, Garlic and Red Wine Stock Pot 1 tbsp brown sugar 100g (4oz) defrosted peas Handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve Sea salt
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a