- 500g (1 lb) pack ground lamb
- 3 salad onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ x 20g (¾ oz) pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp mild and light olive oil
- 1 medium mango, skinned and chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4 pitta breads Method
1. Tip the lamb into a large bowl. Finely chop the salad onions, reserving the green parts. Add the chopped white part of the salad onions to the lamb with the garlic, coriander and a little seasoning. Mix well until combined evenly. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each into a flat cake.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked thoroughly.
3. Meanwhile, make the salsa. Halve the mango and remove the stone. Cut away the skin and chop the flesh into small pieces. In a bowl, mix the mango with the lime zest and juice, green pepper, sugar and the reserved green part of the onion.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Warm the pitta breads, either in a toaster, under the grill or in the oven. Serve with the burgers and salsa.