- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, beetroot, egg, mint and garlic. Season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Divide into 4 equal portions. Take one portion and flatten it in the palm of your hand.
- Place a cube of feta in the middle and draw the meat up and over the cheese, moulding it into a burger shape and taking care to ensure the cheese is totally surrounded. Repeat with the other meat portions and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- When you are ready to cook the burgers, heat a griddle pan (or BBQ) to medium hot and cook the burgers for around 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Check they are cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle. If it comes out piping hot to touch they are cooked, if not cook for a further minute or so.
- Serve the burgers in buns with salad.
Recipe from www.lovebeetroot.co.uk.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with homemade sweet potato chips and salad for a healthy mid-week meal
500g minced lamb 250g beetroot, finely chopped 1 egg, beaten 2 tbsp chopped mint 2 cloves garlic, crushed 100g feta cheese, cut into 4 pieces salt and freshly ground black pepper To serve: 4 burger buns or ciabatta rolls salad leaves cherry tomatoes, cut in ½ finely sliced red onion rings
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 423 Cals, 23.9g Fat, 11.8g Sat Fat