- In a heavy bottomed pan, melt 1/2 butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly whisk in the milk.
- Return the pan to the heat and continue to stir the sauce until it begins to boil then simmer for 1 minute. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in half the Parmesan cheese and beaten egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the remaining butter in a small skillet. Fry the bacon until crisp and keep warm in a low oven. Add the mushrooms to the pan and gently fry until soft and golden brown. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill. Place one slice of toast onto a heatproof plate or dish. Cover the toast with about 1/4 of the sauteed mushrooms and 4 tomato slices and arrange 1/4 of the turkey strips on top.
- Spoon the cheese sauce over the toast and topping and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place the entire dish under the hot grill until the sauce is speckled brown and bubbly. Remove from grill, place the bacon on top and serve immediately.
Recipe from Genius Gluten Free.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A great gluten free recipe for a light dinner or a speedy lunch
15g butter 10g corn flour 100ml milk 20g freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or mature cheddar ½ beaten egg salt and pepper to taste 10g butter 50g sliced fresh mushrooms 1 small tomato, thinly sliced 80g thinly sliced roast turkey 1 slice Genius bread, toasted 1 slices streaky bacon
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 1 Nutrition: n/a