- 4 skin-on boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 x 200g (2 x 7oz) jar jerk marinade
- 260g (9oz) bag spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600g (1lb 9oz) sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- Knob of butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Make a slit in the chicken breasts to create a pocket. Pour over the jerk marinade and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the spinach in a pan for 2-3 minutes until wilted, then drain and press out the excess juices. Allow to cool then season.
- Spoon the spinach into the chicken pockets. Place the chicken in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil and bake for 30 minutes until cooked through with no pink meat.
- Meanwhile, cook the sweet potato in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add the thyme and butter and mash. Season and serve with the jerk chicken.
Preparation time: 15 mins, plus marinating
Nutrition: 449 calories, 21.8g fat, 11.2g sugar, (sat fat 7.4g)
Jerk is the classic Caribbean marinade with its fiery heat flavoured with thyme and allspice, and was traditionally used to slow cook highly seasoned meats.