- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F/Gas 3.
- Prepare two baking trays with non-stick paper.
- In a large mixing bowl sieve flour, bicarb, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and all sugar together until light in colour.
- Beat the eggs, yolk and vanilla into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips, then gently mix together.
- Divide the mixture into 16 ‘blobs’ and place on prepared trays, making sure that each cookie has 6/8cm space to spread.
- Cook for 15 minutes, watching carefully that they don’t burn in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Once removed from the oven, leave the cookies on baking trays for a couple of minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- Scoop out 8 large scoops of Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Jelly Popping Candy Ice Cream.
- Sandwich each scoop between two cookies.
- Decorate the spiders using the buttons and chocolate beans for the spider eyes, and the chocolate fingers for the spider legs.
These spooky cookies are perfect for Halloween!
For the ice cream: 1 tub of Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Jelly Popping Candy Ice Cream For the cookies: 250g plain flour 50g cocoa powder for chocolate spiders 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 170g unsalted butter, melted 200g dark brown soft sugar 100g caster sugar 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 1 egg yolk 325g chocolate chips To decorate the cookies: 1 packet chocolate fingers 1 pack of white chocolate buttons 1 pack of dark and light striped buttons 1 pack of yellow chocolate beans 1 packet of cola straws
Time: 30 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a