- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest and suet
- Gradually add enough milk until a dough is formed.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ?C.
- Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the dough into a 25 cm x 25 cm square.
- Spread the jam over the pastry, but remember to leave a border of 1 cm all the way around. Brush the border with milk. Roll up and pinch the ends to entrap the jam, then lift onto a large piece of non-stick baking paper, seam-side down. Wrap very loosely in the paper, followed by some tin foil. Tie the ends of the sausage. Place carefully in the oven and bake for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Rest the pudding for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the packaging, slice thickly and serve with custard.
Recipe from Kenwood's Around the World in 80 plates.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Great for a winter's evening and reminiscent of school dinners
225g plain flour 2 1/2 tsp baking powder Pinch of salt Zest of one lemon 150g suet 100 – 150ml milk 150g raspberry jam Custard, to serve
Time: 40 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a