- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan and fry the turkey for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and cook over a low heat for 8-10 minutes until just beginning to soften. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic and half the thyme and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200•C/Gas mark 6. Pour the brandy over the turkey mixture and allow to bubble for 1 minute, then add the stock and cream and warm through gently. Remove from the heat and stir in the Stilton.
- Unroll the pastry. Cut 4 pastry lids slightly larger than the 400ml dishes you are using. Divide the filling between the 4 dishes. Wet the rim of the dishes with water. Lay the pastry circles over the top and press to the rim firmly.
- Brush with beaten egg and scatter with rock salt and remaining thyme. Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Recipe from British Turkey.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A pre-Christmas treat recipe or an idea for using up any left-over turkey
50g butter / 1 tbsp olive oil 450g British turkey breast fillets, cut into chunks 3 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks 225g chestnut mushrooms 2 garlic cloves, crushed 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only 1 tbsp brandy 100ml chicken stock 150ml double cream 75g Stilton, crumbled 375g pack ready rolled puff pastry 1 small egg, beaten rock salt
Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 986 Cals, 64.1g Fat, 34.3g Sat Fat