- Preheat the oven to 140°C/ 275°F/Gas Mark 1.
- Line 3 separate, lightly greased baking trays with baking parchment and draw a 20cm-diameter circle on the middle of each piece of parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, until stiff, thick and glossy, then fold in the vanilla extract.
- Divide the mixture between the 3 circles and spread flat, leaving a 2cm gap around the edge of each circle to allow for spreading. Cook for 1 hour, or until crisp. Leave to cool.
- Remove the sorbet and ice cream from the freezer 15 minutes before needed, to allow them to soften. Remove the meringue discs from the baking parchment.
- Set 1 disc in the base of a 20cm round springform cake tin (if necessary, trim the edges). Place the sorbet in a bowl, stir slightly then spread over the meringue. Place 1 of the remaining meringues on top.
- Place the ice cream in a bowl and fold in half the raspberries and the liqueur, crushing the fruit. Spread over the meringue, then top with the third meringue.
- Cover with clingfilm and freeze for at least 6 hours. To serve, remove from the tin and place the gâteau on a plate. Scatter with the remaining raspberries and dust with icing sugar.
- Leave the meringue to stand for 5 minutes to soften slightly, then cut into slices and serve.
For more recipes visit Waitrose
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This stunning frozen dessert combines layers of crisp meringue with summer fruit sorbet, clotted cream ice cream and fresh raspberries
4 medium egg whites 225g (8oz) caster sugar 2 tsp vanilla extract 500ml (1pt) tub Bottlegreen Simply Sorbet English Summer ½ x 1 litre tub Waitrose Clotted Cream Ice Cream 150g (5oz) fresh raspberries, washed 2 tbsp Vedrenne Super Cassis liqueur Icing sugar, for dusting
Time: 40 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a