- 2 x 100 g sirloin steaks, trimmed and a little vegetable oil for brushing
- 100g (4oz) green beans, trimmed
- 75g (3oz) cucumber, cut into batons
- ½ red pepper, cut into batons
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 bag Bistro style leaves (eg Red Chard, beetroot and lamb’s lettuce)
- handful coriander leaves
- 1tbsp unsalted peanuts, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Preheat the grill to high. Brush the steak on both sides with the oil, then season well.
- Cook under the hot grill for 8-10 mins, turning once until the steak is cooked to your liking.
- Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, before slicing.
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water for 3 mins or until just tender. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain again. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
Divide the salad leaves between two bowls.
- Top with the other vegetables and sliced steak, drizzle over the dressing and top with the peanuts and coriander.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Nutrition: 301 calories, 14.3g fat, 10.1 sugar (sat fat 3.2)
A beautiful centerpiece for the table, the flavours won’t disappoint - easily multiplied if required.