- Preheat oven to 200°C/350°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 10 inch pie or tart case. Bake blind for 20 minutes
- Boil the potatoes until tender and then chop into small cubes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, melt the butter in a pan, add the thyme and slowly soften the onions and garlic.
- Add the cubed potato, chopped eggs and grated cheese to the onions and then add the cream, mustard powder and salt and pepper.
- Pour into the pastry case and cook for a further 15 minutes until the top is golden. Serve with a green salad.
- This recipe was created by Lisa Faulkner, made using Eggs for Soldiers – a Help for Heroes endorsed product that donates 15p from every pack sold to the charity. For more information on Lisa’s exclusive Eggs For Soldiers recipes click here.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This pie is great for using up leftover potatoes, cheese and onions
375g shortcrust pastry 400g potatoes 2 hard-boiled Eggs For Soldiers, peeled and quartered 4 small - medium onions 60g butter 2 cloves garlic 1 stalk of thyme 1 tsp mustard powder 5 fl oz. double cream 100g cheddar cheese Salt and pepper
Time: 20 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a