1. Bring the water to the boil in a medium-sized pan. Add the chicken breasts and poach for 8-10 minutes.
2. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing with the garlic, ginger, and orange juice. Mix in the Hoi Sin Stir Fry Sauce and dark soy sauce in a bowl and set aside.
3. Prepare the sugar-snap peas and gem lettuce and chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the water, drain well and place on a chopping board. With a knife and fork, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and then let it rest and cool for 5 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the sugar-snap peas and orange hoi sin dressing. Place the gem lettuce pieces on a serving plate and spoon the dressed chicken and sugar snap on to each piece. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to serve.
Recipe by Ching He Huang for Amoy, www.amoy.co.uk
These crisp, fresh parcels are popular appetisers, found on Chinese restaurant menus worldwide. They're perfect whenever you fancy a lighter bite!
286g (10z) free range chicken breast, de-skinned 800ml (1pt 7fl.oz) thewater For the orange hoi sin dressing: 2 garlic cloves, crushed, peeled and finely chopped 1 inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated 1 medium orange, juiced 1 pack Hoi Sin Stir Fry Sauce 1 tbsp dark soy sauce To serve: 150g (5oz) sugar-snap peas, sliced on the angle 250g (8oz) washed and drained gem lettuce, leaves separated
Time: 15 minutes, including 10 minutes cooking Serves: 2-4 Nutrition: n/a