- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Spread out the spare ribs in a shallow roasting tin and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the hickory sauce until well coated. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or transfer to a barbecue and cook until sticky and well glazed, turning the ribs over once or twice and brushing with any remaining sauce.
- To make the salad, blanch the french beans in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh by running cold water over them in the colander.
- Put the beans in a bowl and add the mixed beans, red pepper, avocado and sweetcorn. Pour over the french dressing and toss gently until everything is well coated.
- Serve the ribs with the salad
Recipe from Newman's Own.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
If you're barbecuing, the ribs can be cooked ahead in the oven, coated in the sauce and left to cool. When ready to serve, place the ribs on the barbecue and cook until heated through, sticky and well glazed
BBQ Hickory Spare Ribs low resPreparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes 900g (2lb) pork spare ribs, cut into individual ribs 1 bottle of Newman's Own Sticky Hickory BBQ Sauce For the salad: 100g (4oz) green beans, cut into 2.5cm (1in) lengths, or runner beans, sliced 400g (14oz) tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed 1/2 red pepper, deseeded and chopped 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed, and chopped 150g (5oz) sweetcorn kernels 5 tbsp Newman's Own French Dressing
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a