- Start by preparing the rub. Combine smoked paprika, cayenne, cumin and 1tsp pepper in a bowl and mix together thoroughly. Toss the chicken wings in the rub so that each wing is coated liberally.
- For the marinade, combine 60ml (2floz) Heinz Peri-Peri Sauce, 1tbsp lemon juice and syrup and pour over the rubbed chicken wings. Allow the wings to marinate for 2 to 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Whilst the wings are marinating, prepare the glaze by combining the remaining Peri-Peri sauce, honey, lemon juice and pepper and reducing over a medium to high heat by approximately 25%.
- Fire up the barbecue for direct grilling over high heat, but bank the coals to one side (if possible). Grill your wings, turning regularly whilst basting with the glaze, until the skin is crisp and slightly charred and they are completely cooked through (approximately 15-20 mins). Should the wings start to crisp on the outside too much, before being cooked all the way through, transfer them to the other side of your grill where they are not directly positioned above the coals, and place the lid on the barbecue. This will turn your barbecue into an oven of sorts, and enable the wings to continue cooking through without burning.
- Remove your wings from the grill and serve immediately with the lemon wedges, blackened on the grill and squeezed over the top, and some chopped parsley strewn all over. Season to taste.
This recipe is courtesy of Heinz.
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
If the wings are too spicy, serve with a dollop of natural yogurt
800g (30oz) Chicken wings 1tsp Smoked paprika 1tsp Cayenne ½ tsp Cumin, ground 1½ tsp Black pepper, coarse 210ml (7floz) Heinz Peri-Peri Sauce 45ml (1½floz) Lemon juice 10ml (½floz) Maple syrup 90ml (3floz) Clear honey 1 Lemon, cut into 8 wedges 1tbsp Chopped parsley 1 Spring onion thinly sliced
Time: 5 hours Serves: 2-4 Nutrition: N/A