- Put the porcini mushrooms in a bowl with the boiling water, soak for 25 minutes.
- Set a large pan over a medium heat; heat the oil, add the onion, carrot, garlic, rosemary and seasoning.
- Fry for 5 minutes until soft.
- Drain the porcini mushrooms, reserving the liquid, and finely chop.
- Add the porcini mushrooms and fresh mushrooms to the pan and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, marsala or sherry, tomato purée, haricot beans and reserved porcini mushroom liquid.
- Cook for 30 minutes, adding extra stock if the soup becomes too thick.ination of mushrooms that you like, depending on what’s available.
Recipe from lakeland.co.uk/recipes
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The perfect warming winter soup
25g dried porcini mushrooms 250ml boiling water 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium onion, finely diced 2 large carrots, diced 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary Salt and pepper 500g fresh mushrooms, any variety, roughly chopped 1.2 litre vegetable stock 5 tbsp marsala or dry sherry 2 tbsp tomato purée 100g tinned haricot beans, drained and rinsed
Time: 30 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a