- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel vegetables and cut into one-inch cubes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add salt, garlic, pepper, pumpkin pie spice, broth, and cream, tossing to combine.
- Transfer to gratin dish or casserole dish, spreading evenly.
- Cover gratin with a lid, a piece or parchment, or foil. Bake until gratin is bubbling all over and vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover grain and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes to create a golden brown surface.
Reprinted with permission from The Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookbook © 2014 by Stephanie Pedersen, Sterling Publishing Co. Photography by Guy Ambrosino (£9.99, available from Amazon).
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This gratin comes together quickly, is highly nourishing, and tastes addictively yummy
2 medium parsnips (about 4 medium) 1?2 medium celery root 1?2 pound sweet potatoes 3?4 pound russet (baking) potatoes 1 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic 1?2 teaspoon black pepper 1?4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice 1?4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth 3?4 cups heavy cream Optional garnish: Chopped parsley or chives
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a