- Flake the tinned salmon and mix with the mashed potato, lemon zest and fresh herbs. Season with black pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 and shape into 2 fishcakes. You can also shape with cookie cutters to make fun or unusual shapes such as a heart, star or even a fish.
- Place the fishcakes on a plate, cover and chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4. Grease a baking tray with oil.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into three separate, shallow bowls. Remove the fishcakes from the fridge and dip each into the flour.
- Shake off any excess flour, then dip into the egg and finally coat in the breadcrumbs. Place the fishcakes on the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden on the outside. Serve with salad leaves.
Recipe from www.fishisthedish.co.uk.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
If you have any leftover hard boiled eggs you can chop these up and add to the fishcake mixture too
1 x 170g cans skinless and boneless pink salmon 225g mashed potato Zest ½ lemon ½t bsp chopped fresh parsley ½ tbsp chopped fresh dill Vegetable oil, to grease 1.5tbsp plain flour ½ egg, beaten 50g dried breadcrumbs Salad leaves, to serve
Time: 4 minutes Serves: 2 Nutrition: 376 Cal, 8.2g Fat, 1.6g Sat Fat