- Lightly toast the the pitta bread.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Brush the aubergine and pepper with the oil and griddle for 5-6 mins, turning occasionally, until griddle marks appear.
- Set aside. Griddle the halloumi for 2-3 mins each side until griddle marks appear.
- Drizzle the spicy chilli sauce over the lettuce and toss well.
- Fill the pitta with the aubergine, pepper, halloumi and lettuce.
- Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These delicious pittas are great for lucnhes and picnics
6 pitta breads 1 small aubergine, trimmed and sliced 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into large pieces 1 tbsp olive oil 200g Halloumi, sliced 6 tbsp spicy chilli sauce 1/4 head frisee lettuce
Time: 20 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a