- Preheat the grill. Cut the peppers in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet and grill until the skins have blackened. Put in a bowl, cover with a pan lid and set aside for 10-15 minutes to allow the skins to steam off. Peel and cut into thin slices.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, then deseed each half. Finely chop or whiz in a food processor to give the same texture. Lightly toast the bread, then rub one side only with the garlic clove.
- Put the chorizo in a pan – there’s no need for any oil as the chorizo has enough fat in it already. Cook over a medium heat until the chorizo starts to turn golden.
- Add the peppers, along with the extra virgin olive oil and sherry vinegar. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the mixture looks a little saucy.
- Divide the chopped tomatoes among the toasts, then top with the pepper and chorizo. Garnish with basil.
Recipes from We Care, You Enjoy
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The perfect starter or light lunch
2 red peppers 4 tomatoes 4-8 slices bread 1 garlic clove 75g cooking chorizo, sliced 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp sherry vinegar Small handful of basil leaves
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a