- Toss the pumpkin slices in the olive oil and season well.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes until they start to pop. Allow to cool and place in a blender with the rest of the dressing ingredients.
- Blitz together, adding a little water until the mixture is easy to pour. Season well. Cook the pumpkin slices by grilling or roasting. A contact grill is useful or the pumpkin can be cooked on a griddle plate for a few minutes either side until tender.
- If roasting, cook in a medium oven for about 30 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the pumpkin slices and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with cooked corn and goat’s cheese.
The autumn 2015 edition of the Liz Earle Wellbeing is available now. Subscribe to the digital edition for £10 or the printed edition for £19.96 per year for 4 issues, p+p free.
For more seasonal treats grab the latest copy of Yours, out every fornight.
When buying pumpkins look for ones that are heavy for their size, as they will have more flesh and a smaller hollow at the centre
8 slices of pumpkin or squash, about ½–1cm thick 1 tbsp olive oil salt & pepper For the dressing: 100g pumpkin seeds 2 cloves garlic, crushed 2 green tomatoes (or tomatillos), chopped 2 cos lettuce leaves, chopped 1 tbsp coriander, chopped 1 tbsp mint, chopped 2 tbsp rapeseed oil 2 green chillies, roughly chopped Salt & pepper
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a