- Preheat the grill to a medium or high heat.
- Put the lemon juice, walnut vinegar, black pepper, salt, garlic and mustard together in a bowl and whisk together. Gradually add the oil as you whisk.
- Drizzle some oil over a grill tray and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Peel and slice the pears widthways and place them on the tray. Grill the pairs for two minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the pears and toast one side of the bread. Turn the bread over and put the pear on top of it, along with some pieces of walnut and cheese. Put back in the grill until the cheese has turned golden brown.
- Serve topped with some rocket and dressing.
Created by Nathan Outlaw for Davidstow, courtesy www.greatbritishchefs.com
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This is an exciting take on the basic cheese on toast dish. By pairing it with pickled walnuts and grilled pears this familiar classic is given some flair.
1 tbsp of English mustard 1 lemon, juiced 2 tsp of walnut malt vinegar 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed to a paste Sea salt to season black pepper to season 100ml (4 fl oz) of rapeseed oil, plus extra for drizzling 4 pears, firm and ripe 4 pickled walnuts, finely chopped 150g (5oz) of cheddar, grated 8 slices of sourdough bread 2 handfuls of rocket
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a