- To prepare the spiced butter, in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together. Form the butter into a sausage shape, wrap in cling film or foil and set aside in a cool place.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F.
- Put the cauliflower, the lemon zest and oil in large non-stick roasting tray, season, toss gently and roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook the quinoa in the stock for 12-15 minutes. Drain in a sieve and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the chops on a chopping board and season with salt and pepper. Cook under a preheated moderate grill for 12-16 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer the chops to a warm plate and top with a disc of the flavoured butter.
- Put the roasted cauliflower in a bowl with the quinoa, add the remaining salad ingredients, toss gently and serve with the chops.
Recipe from Simply Beef and Lamb.
For more classic recipes and dinner ideas, grab a copy of the latest issue of Yours, which is out every fortnight.
You don't have to use lamb chops, try pork, or for a veggie alternative use field mushrooms
4-6 lean lamb chops or French trimmed cutlets Salt and freshly milled black pepper For the Spiced Butter: 50g/2oz butter, softened 5ml/1tsp sweet paprika 2.5ml/½tsp ground coriander Small handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint For the Salad: 175g/6oz cauliflower, cut into small florets or pieces Grated zest of 1 lemon 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil 100g/4oz quinoa, rinsed in cold water 600ml/1 pint good, hot vegetable stock 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped 15ml/1tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar 15ml/1tbsp runny honey
Time: 15 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a