- In a large bowl, mix together the lamb, shallots, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, mint and seasoning.
- Form the mixture into six evenly-shaped patties, flattening them a little with your hand so that they are of a uniform thickness.
- Pre-heat the barbecue then cook the burgers for 8-10 minutes until well browned, turning them occasionally.
- Serve in the warmed and split pitta breads, smeared with tomato paste and filled with lettuce, sliced vine tomatoes, crumbled Feta and a dollop of mayonnaise.
- Recipes from www.qvcuk.com
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Make sure you don't use mince which is very lean: the fat adds flavour, moistness and helps to hold everything together
1kg (2lb 4oz) minced lamb 3 or 4 shallots, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed 55g (2oz) fresh breadcrumbs 1 egg, beaten 1tsp ground cumin 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped Salt and freshly ground black pepper To serve: 6 pitta breads 6 tsp sun-dried tomato paste A small butterhead or soft lettuce 3 vine tomatoes 175g (6oz) Feta cheese, crumbled 6 tbsp mayonnaise
Time: 15 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a