- Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7.
- Place your pumpkin, carrots and onions in a roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 mins, until soft but not charred.
- In the meantime place the water and crumbled stock cubes into a large saucepan and using a medium heat, bring to the boil.
- Cook the potato in simmering water, for about 20 mins until soft.
- Add the potato and water mix to the roasted vegetables and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Return to pan and place on a low heat stirring in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Heat gently to serve.
Recipe from World Vision
For more tasty recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Warm your heart and your tummy with this delicious autumnal soup
750g (1lb 10oz) pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed 2 carrots, coarsely chopped 2 onions, cut into wedges 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil 1 large potato, sliced 1 litre water 2 or 3 cubes vegetable stock, crumbled 250ml (9fl oz) double cream 1 1/4 tablespoons ground nutmeg 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Time: 50 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a