- Gently sauté the vegetables in the olive oil, except the tomatoes - add these after 5 minutes.
- Make the sauce by melting the butter in a pan.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce.
- Then return to the heat, and stirring all the time, bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 5 to 6 minutes, season and add the grated Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature cheddar – do not re-boil.
- If you want a thinner sauce add some white wine.
- Cook the gnocchi by boiling for 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese sauce to the vegetables and serve with the gnocchi.
Recipe from www.pilgrimschoice.com
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A deliciously filling vegetarian dish
500g pack of gnocchi Cherry tomatoes Asparagus Spring onions Tenderstem broccoli Olive oil For the sauce: 25g butter 25g plain flour 1 pint milk 80g Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature cheddar (grated)
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a