- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 12x9in Swiss roll tin with foil and set aside.
- Place the egg whites into a large bowl and whisk for several minutes until they form stiff peaks.
- Slowly add the sugar until the egg whites have a glossy appearance.
- Gently spoon the mixture into the tin, smooth over and bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Dust a piece of baking paper with icing sugar and carefully turn the meringue roll out of the tin. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until thick, then add the lemon zest and lemon curd. Pass the passion fruit through a sieve to remove the juice and add the seeds to the cream. Gently stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the whipped cream mixture over the meringue and sprinkle with raspberries or your favourite seasonal fruit.
- Whilst holding the parchment, carefully roll up the meringue lengthways into a roll shape.
- Dust with a little more icing sugar. Serve with additional fruits if desired.
Kate Hardie has created some delicious gluten-free alternatives for bacofoil. www.bacofoil.co.uk
Look out for more fab recipe ideas in every issue of Yours, out every fortnight.
Cold ingredients don't combine as well as room temperature ones when mixing with dry ingredients
4 large egg whites 225g (8oz) caster sugar 175g (6oz) double cream, whipped 1/2 lemon, zested 150g (5oz) gluten-free lemon curd 2 passion fruits, seeds only 110g (4oz) raspberries Icing sugar, for dusting
Time: 45 minutes Serves: 10-12 Nutrition: Not available