- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, coconut flakes, almonds, pumpkin seeds and pecans.
- In a blender, combine the pear, coconut oil, honey and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to a dry ingredients and mix well until the nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the granola in a thin layer on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent it burning.
- Allow to cool then store in an airtight container. Mix in some dried berries if you like.
Recipe from Christine Bailey. Christine is an award winning Nutritionist, Chef and Author with over 18 years of experience.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This is perfect to use for breakfast, snack on the go or for topping over fruit. Make up a batch and store in an airtight container for around 2 weeks
125g gluten free oats 150g flaked almonds 50g unsweetened coconut flakes 125g pumpkin seeds or mixed sunflower, sesame and pumpkin 2tbsp flaxseed ground 125g pecans, chopped 60g coconut oil melted 2 Tbsp honey or xylitol 1tbsp vanilla extract pinch of sea salt 1 ripe pear 2 tsp ground cinnamon To serve – dried berries, raisins or goji berries
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 1 Nutrition: n/a