- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and grease 8 darial moulds and then dust with a mixture of icing sugar and ground ginger.
- Finely chop the stem ginger or whiz in a small food processor. Melt the coconut oil with the stem ginger syrup in a pan until simmering, then add the warm water.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, then add the sugar, fresh ginger, ground ginger, allspice, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the eggs and coconut oil mixture and whisk with an electric hand whisk until smooth. Fold in the chopped stem ginger.
- Divide between the moulds, making sure they are no more than 2/3 full then place on a baking sheet and cook for approximately 13-15 minutes.
- The puddings will have risen, so level out the tops with a knife and then turn out.
This recipe is from Lisa Faulkner who is the brand ambassador for The Groovy Food Company, an award-winning British brand that produces alternatives to refined and processed cupboard staples.
For more desserts and puds, grab the latest issue of Yours, out every fortnight.
Serve this pud with custard or cream, or drizzle over some chocolate sauce
100g The Groovy Food Company Rich and Dark Agave Nectar 1 tsp icing sugar mixed with a pinch of ground ginger 6 pieces stem ginger, plus 3 tbsp of the syrup 75g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted 200ml warm water 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated 1/2 tsp ground ginger 1/2 tsp allspice 175g self-raising flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda 2 eggs
Time: 10 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a