- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Put the butternut squash or sweet potatoes, courgette, red onion and pepper into a large roasting tin and add the olive oil. Season and toss to coat. Roast for 25 minutes, until tender.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and chilli (if using), then stir in the pasta sauce.
- Tip half the vegetable mixture into a large rectangular baking dish, measuring about 25 x 20cm. Arrange 4 lasagne sheets on top. Repeat the layers.
- To make the cheese sauce, put the milk, flour and butter into a saucepan. Heat, whisking constantly with a wire whisk until the sauce boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and add half the cheese. Stir, so that the heat of the sauce melts the cheese - there’s no need to return it to the hob. Season.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the lasagne and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked and golden brown. Allow to stand for a few minutes, then serve.
Recipe from the British Cheese Board.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Mature Cheddar will give a delicious flavour, though use medium or mild if you prefer
450g butternut squash or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks 1 large courgette, cut into chunks 1 red onion, cut into wedges 1 yellow or red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks 1 tbsp olive oil 12 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced (optional) 500g jar tomato passata 8 dried lasagne sheets Freshly ground black pepper Cheese sauce: 300ml semi-skimmed milk 25g plain flour 15g butter 75g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
Time: 40 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 471 Cal, 15g Fat, 7.5g Sat Fat