- 1 mackerel fillet, skinned
- 2 hake fillets, skinned (haddock can also be used)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced and cooked
- 2 potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 150ml (5 fl oz) single cream
- Cut the fish into five centimeter pieces.
- Fry the onion and garlic for about five minutes or until soft and then add the potatoes, carrot and fish to the pan.
- Pour over the white wine vinegar and then spoon the mixture into a baking dish, giving it a good stir.
- Beat the eggs, cream and spices together, add the parsley and season well.
- Spoon over the fish mixture and bake at 180C/350F/gas mark 4 for about 15-20 minutes or until set.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Nutrition: 309 calories, 16.7 g fat, 0.4g salt (sat fat 5.8)
Serve with a side salad or vegetables to create a satisfying evening meal!