- 175g (6 oz) chorizo, sliced and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped in 1cm cubes
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 450g (1 lb) cooked tinned chickpeas, drained
- 200ml (8 oz) vegetable stock
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- Chopped parsley to serve
- In a deep, heavy bottomed pan, fry the chorizo for two minutes and then remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the onion, garlic and celery and cook until soft. Add the cubed sweet potato and tomatoes and cook for five minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and stock to the pan and return the chorizo. Mix well, season and cook for ten minutes.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and parsley until the eggs are cooked.
- Make four wells in the mixture then carefully crack an egg into each hollow. Cover and cook for five minutes or until set.
- Add a sprinkle of parsley and serve.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Nutrition: 436 calories, 23.5g fat, 2.4g salt (sat fat 13.2g)
Serve with a side of potatoes or salad!