- Roll the pastry out to a rectangle approx. 45x30cm.
- Take the sausage meat out of the skins and mix in a bowl with herbs and seasoning. You can alter the flavours here to suit yourself, try chill flakes, or perhaps fennel seeds, or just keep them plain with a good bit of black pepper and a grating of nutmeg.
- Spread the sausage meat over the pastry in a thin layer leaving a border around the edges.
- Brush all edges with a little beaten egg.
- Starting at both short ends begin to roll the pastry both ends toward the middle, brushing the pastry with egg wash as you go.
- Once the pastry has met in the middle, use a very sharp knife to cut the roll into approx. 12 even slices. Place these onto a non stick baking sheet, brush with a little beaten egg and bake for 15 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Cool a little before eating.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These impressive rolls are made with gluten-free pastry
1 block Genius Gluten Free Puff Pastry 400g gluten free sausages 1 tbsp fine chopped parsley 1 tsp fine chopped sage salt, pepper 1 egg, beaten
Time: 20 mins Serves: 3 Nutrition: n/a