For the pancakes:
- 50g (2oz) gluten free rolled porridge oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 medium free range egg, beaten
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
For the caramelised pecans:
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 50g (2oz) pecans
- Pinch of sea salt
- Greek yogurt, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
1. For the caramelised pecans, heat the maple syrup in a small frying pan with the nuts until the syrup has been absorbed by the nuts (about 1-2 minutes). Stir in the salt and tip onto some non-stick baking parchment. Leave to cool and crisp before roughly chopping.
2. In a food processor, blitz the oats until fine, tip into a bowl and add the bananas, mashing with a fork to break down. Add the egg, baking powder and cinnamon. Keep mashing until nearly smooth.
3. Heat a knob of butter in a non-stick frying pan and fry the pancakes 2 tablespoons of batter at a time, until golden on each side and risen (about a minute on each side over a medium heat). Cook in batches adding extra butter as required.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Makes: 4 pancakes
Nutrition: 362 calories, 22.8g fat, 24g sugar (sat fat 8.4g)
Serve the pancakes with a dollop of yogurt, a sprinkle of the caramelised pecans and drizzled with extra maple syrup.