- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 6.
- Unravel the sausages and squeeze the meat into one long sausage. Wind the sausage up into a coil and secure with cocktail sticks. Cook in the oven for 35-50 mins.
- In a heavy based pan heat the olive oil and fry the leeks and garlic until soft. Add the pancetta and cook until crispy. Stir in the flour and then add the cider. Season with salt and pepper then bring to a boil and once boiling turn down to a simmer and cook for 10-15 mins until thickened.
- Once the gravy has thickened but still glossy, add in a knob of butter and scatter in the fresh thyme. Serve with the sausage wheel and some mashed potato on the side.
- Recipe from www.millycookbook.com
- For more tasty recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
A twist on the usual sausage and mash
6 good quality sausages 1 tbsp of olive oil 100g (4oz) of streaky pancetta cut into 1 cm slices 1 large leek, cut into discs 1 garlic clove, minced 1 heaped tbsp. of plain flour 275ml (1/2 pt) of dry cider Salt and Pepper A few fresh sprigs of thyme A knob of butter
Time: 10 mins Serves: 3-4 Nutrition: n/a